Monday, June 7, 2010

SonRidge Farm

I will be attending a 4-H Farm Camp in June.
While there I will learn things from tacking up and riding a horse...


















to learning about shearing and even processing Angora Goat Fiber.











I will also be assigned a dairy goat; which I will be responsible for milking, feeding, everyday care & even learn how to show her.

I will learn how to make blacksmith items in a forge


and even make cheese, butter, and ice cream. I'll learn about bees and get to make my own beeswax lip balm.

I'm going to have so much fun that I can't wait for the week to start. I will even be keeping my own blog of the week and updating it each day. Please follow my blog so you can see all the things I'm doing and learning. We can even come to family day on the farm...for free! I know that I'll want to introduce all my family to each of the animals on the farm.

Family Days on the Farm
Saturday June 19 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Saturday July 10 8:00 – 10:00 am
Sunday August 23 5:00 – 7:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment